Khallikote Autonomous College (Upgraded to Khallikote Unitary University) is one of the second oldest colleges of Odisha established in the year 1856. The Department of Philosophy established in the year of 1951. P.G teaching in the department was started in year 2017 with the sanction strength 32 students each year. Along with Philosophy honours, PG classes, the Department also have of ‘Elective classes’ for Arts stream. The specialization of PG in this department is ‘applied logic in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)’ and ‘Applied Ethics’.
Currently the Department has one senior Reader Dr. Jatin Bishoyi (H.O.D). The department has three Guest faculties named Miss. V.Sneha, Mr. Pinku Kumar Sahu and Miss. Priyanka Jena.
The department maintains a reading room with more than hundreds of valuable books especially contributed by ICPR. There is a brought space for wall magazine where the students are encouraged to express their creativity through writings, drawings and so on. The dept also subscribes various magazines, articles, and journals for the use of students.
The dept organizes various events throughout the year that includes cultural gathering, seminars, and competitions. Every year the department also organizes several competitions like Philo-Essay, Philo-Debate, Philo-Quiz, song extempore speech, Elocution and so on which the Dept student participates enthusiastically.
Department organizes various state level and national seminars sponsored by ICPR. Experienced and renowned teachers from the field of logic and Philosophy are invited to give a talk for two hours on a topic of their choice from the syllabus. The lecture end with an interactive session with the speaker.
Department of Philosophy is an integral part of Khallikote Autonomous College, a more than a century old premier institution of the state of Odisha. This prestigious institution started functioning from the year 1878. Philosophy as a subject at undergraduate level started from 1951. Postgraduate teaching in Philosophy began in 2016. This new PG department is one of the leading departments of the state of Orissa with excellent academic achievements.
- Involvement in research
- Involvement in postgraduate teaching
- Lead major college committees
- University paper setters/examiners/moderators
- Organization of annual national conference
- No representation on Board of Studies
- Small intake of students
- Inability to offer more options
- Unwillingness of students to venture beyond syllabi
- As most of the students in the stream of Arts are rural based, they are not well versed in English. So the teachers are to take initiative to teach the basics despite the burden of the heavy
- Encouragement to avail of Faculty Improvement Programme Encouragement to undertake Major and minor projects
- Field visits are
- Costs incurred in the presentation of papers are
- Remedial and Intensive Coaching for slow learner
- Increase quality and quantity of students
- Inculcate the reading and research habit in students
- Reconcile theory and practice in pedagogy
- Introduce short-term courses with an eye to employment
STUDENT POSITION FOR ACADEMIC SESSION 2021-22
Table presents student position of the department for academic session 2021-22.
|+3First Year (Hons)||32||32|
|+3First Year (GE-1)||128||120|
|+3Second Year (Hons)||32||30|
|+3Second Year (GE-2)||128||120|
|+3Third Year (Hons)||32||25|
|P.G. First Year||32||31|
|P.G. Second Year||32||30|
- Smart classroom with multimedia support
- 24 hours Internet facility
- Reading Room for Hons and PG Students
- Two Desktops, One Printer, One Projector & One Over Head Projector, Two Xerox machines, One Interactive Board & two Green Board
- 300 Philosophy course books
- Smart separate HOD and Staff Room
- Effective seminar hall and productive classroom with Air Conditioner
Department of Philosophy is having the following infrastructure facilities to cater the needs of students of Philosophy.
- Lecture Hall : 04
- Seminar Hall : 01
Important Instruments Available in the Department:
- Computerized Instruments Available in the department:
- Computer Printers.
- Internet facilities
- Classroom with Air conditioner
- Effective seminal hall
- Productive library books
|Dr. Pradeep Kumar Panigrahi||Minister of Higher Education||Odisha|
|Dr. Om Narayana Rao||Asst.Professor in Philosophy||Govt Women’s College, Aska|
|Prof. K. C Rout||Head, Dept. of Philosophy||University of Pune|
|Sri Gopinath Behera||Stenogrpher Grade-A||NALCO, New Delhi|
|Dr. Pradeep Paramguru||Polasara Womens College||Odisha|
|Prof. Surya Maharana||H.O.D of Philosophy||Allahabad University|
|Mr. Subhajeet Kumar||Popular Singer and Comedian in Multimedia||Youtube|
|Sri Satyaranjan Mishra||H.O.D of Philosophy||Kendrapada (Auto) College|
|Sri Achutananda Bhuyan||Lecturer in Philosophy||Kendrapada Auto College|
|Miss. Geetanjali Bhuyan||Lecturer in Philosophy||Hinjilikatu (Auto )College|
|Miss. Arpita Praharaj||Lecturer in Phulbani Auto College|
|Mr.Satyajit Sahu||Lecturer in logic||Khallikote (Junior) College|
|Mr Rajesh Kumar Mallik||Lecturer in Philosophy||Rarua college ,Rarua|
|Mr. Chita Ranjan Jani||Lecturer in philosophy||Khaira college, Khaira|
|Mr. Iswar Chandra Nayak||Brahmagiri College||Puri|
|Miss V.Sneha||Guest faculty in Philosophy||Khallikote Unitary University , Berhampur|
|Miss. Priyanka Jena||Guest faculty in Philosophy||Khallikote Unitary University , Berhampur|
|Mr. Pinku Kumar Sahu||Guest faculty in Philosophy||Khallikote Unitary University , Berhampur|